Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chickpea Greek Salad
Greek Chickpea Salad with an authentic greek salad dressing is a favourite salad to serve as a main OR as a side! Loaded with chickpeas, green peppers (or capsicum), juicy grape tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and red onion, you will love this salad recipe!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 6 people
For The Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (plus extra to serve)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For The Salad:
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
- 10 ounces (300 g) grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes), halved
- 1 green pepper (capsicum), deseeded and sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 14 ounce (400 g) can chickpeas washed and drained
- 10 ounces (300 g) pitted Kalamata olives
- 3.5 oz (100 g) good quality creamy feta cheese
Whisk together dressing ingredients in a jug or jar.
Mix together all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with half of the dressing. Season with extra salt ONLY IF NEEDED (depends how salty your feta cheese is).
Top with brick of feta cheese and drizzle over remaining dressing .
Serve with chicken, fish, lamb, beef, the options are endless!
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 267mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 15.9% | Vitamin C: 30% | Calcium: 15.7% | Iron: 10.2%