Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken Noodle Soup
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup loaded with vegetables with a delicious broth made from scratch! One pot...one soup! Perfect for any day of the week with the broth AND the soup made from scratch in under 45 minutes. You will love this!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 6 skinless chicken thighs, bone in (or 8 legs)
- 2 quarts (litres) chicken stock or broth
- 1-2 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed (adjust to your tastes)
- 7 oz (200 g) green beans, chopped in thirds
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 4 oz (120 g) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 quart (litre) of water, as needed
- 6 oz (200 g) vermicelli or egg noodles (or angel hair pasta)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion for 2 minutes, then add garlic, celery and carrots; cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken thighs, broth (stock), crushed bouillon, green beans and corn kernels. Top up with water if needed to cover all of the ingredients.
Increase heat and bring to a boil for about 4 minutes. Reduce heat, partially cover the pot with a lid, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Transfer chicken to a plate and shred the meat; discard the bones.
Add the chicken back into the soup along with the noodles. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes while stirring occasionally to separate noodles.
Stir in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the soup (about 3 minutes, pressing leaves into the liquid with the tip of a wooden spoon). Mix parsley through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 694mg | Potassium: 427mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6300IU | Vitamin C: 39.2mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 3.3mg