Add to Collection
Go to Collections
One Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Alfredo
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Alfredo is all cooked in ONE POT! Ready and on the table in less than 20 minutes! Seared chicken is mixed through a super creamy garlic parmesan flavoured pasta with white wine and mushrooms! A favourite Chicken Alfredo recipe!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb | 500 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, (or breasts)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine, (optional)
- 8 oz (250 g) brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth, or stock
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) heavy cream, divided (thickened cream, light cream, evaporated milk can also be used)
- Extra salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz (250 g) dry pasta, penne or fettuccini
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
Heat half of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and sear on both sides until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add the remaining oil in the pot. Fry onion until transparent, stirring occasionally (about 2 minutes). Sauté the garlic until fragrant (30 seconds), then add in the white wine and allow to reduce to half (about 4-5 minutes). Add the mushrooms and cook for about a minute, while stirring occasionally.
Pour in broth and 1 cup of cream (or evaporated milk); season with salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer then add the pasta. Mix well, reduce the heat to a slow simmer while stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente (about 15 minutes).
Stir in the parmesan cheese until it melts through the sauce. Remove from heat immediately and slowly add in 1/4-1/2 cup remaining cream if sauce it too thick for your liking. Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
Slice the chicken into strips and stir through the pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley and extra parmesan, if desired
- You can dice the chicken first, sear, then leave in the pot to continue cooking with the rest of the ingredients on from Step 2 if you wish.
- Use a good quality dry white wine. Pinot Grigio, Sav Blanc or Chardonnay.
- Substitute heavy creamy (or thickened cream) with half and half, light cream or evaporated milk.
- If the sauce is too thick add hot water in 1/4 cup increments until smooth.
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Remove the pot off of the stove while there's still a bit of sauce in the bottom of the pot and the pasta is cooked al dente (firm to the bite). The sauce begins to evaporate quite quickly while it sits waiting to be served, and as you mix it through adjusting salt and pepper.
Calories: 578kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 943mg | Potassium: 804mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 8.2% | Vitamin C: 17.3% | Calcium: 46.2% | Iron: 15.1%