Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cake made in the ONE pan! Creamy peanut butter cheesecake bakes on top of a fudgy chocolate cake for the ultimate dessert!
Servings: 16 slices
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or a natural granulated baking sweetener that measure 1:1 with sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or full fat or almond milk)
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (or plain flour)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons level baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup boiled water brewed with 2 teaspoons instant coffee (or 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee)*, at room temperature
- 1 cup (8 oz | 250 g) light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup natural powdered sweetener (or sugar)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use natural)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or natural, plain, or Greek yogurt)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons cornstarch
Chocolate Yogurt Glaze: (OPTIONAL)
- 3 1/2 oz | 100g 70% dark or milk chocolate
- 3 1/2 oz | 100g vanilla or naturally sweetened Greek yogurt**
Peanut Butter Yogurt Frosting: (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 cup vanilla or naturally sweetened Greek yogurt , room temperature
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered | confectioners sugar (or powdered sweetener)
For The Cake:
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until light and creamy. Beat in the milk until well combined.
Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, mixing them through the wet ingredients. Pour in the coffee and beat the batter until fluffy, well combined and smooth (about 1 minute). Set aside.
For The Cheesecake Mixture:
Evenly pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Pour ⅓ of the cream cheese mixture over the cake layer (don't swirl it through). Pour the remaining cake batter over the cream cheese; then pour the remaining cream cheese mixture over the top to evenly cover the cake.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 - 55 minutes, or until the centre is just set (it will have a very slight wobble to it). If you find it is browning after 30 minutes, tent with foil being careful the foil does not stick to the cheesecake). Slightly open oven door and keep it ajar with the cheesecake still in the oven for 20 minutes to allow the cheesecake to set further.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for two hours. By this stage, it will be soft but set enough to serve slightly warm. OR cover with foil and refrigerate for 6 hours or over night.
For The Chocolate Yogurt Glaze:
For The Peanut Butter Yogurt Glaze:
Once cake has chilled, remove from baking pan onto serving plate. Spread the chocolate glaze evenly around the sides of the cake with a thin, straight spatula. Spread the peanut butter frosting over the top of the cake. Decorate with crushed chocolate chips and peanut butter chips (I blended them in a small magic bullet cup or small food processor).
*The coffee CANNOT be tasted in the cake and just intensifies the chocolate flavour. BUT you can replace with 1/4 cup plain water if you wish
**Use a yogurt you like the taste of. One not too bitter, or the bitterness will come out in the frosting
***Please don't be tempted to NOT line your baking tin. The cake will stick to the sides without the parchment or baking paper
OPTIONAL CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING (AS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO):
Bring 1 cup heavy cream to a gentle simmer over low-medium heat. Take off heat immediately, and break 7-ounces or 200-grams chocolate of choice (we used 70% cocoa) into pieces. Add chocolate pieces to the cream; cover with a lid and allow to sit for 5 minutes undisturbed. After 5 minutes, the chocolate will have started to melt. Begin to whisk the chocolate through the cream slowly, and gradually whisk faster to combine. Cool slightly (about 15 minutes), before pouring over the cake.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 267mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1.9mg