Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cheesy Bacon Smashed Potatoes
Crispy and Loaded Cheesy Bacon Smashed Potatoes with Chives and an avocado crema!
- 2 pounds | 1 kg potatoes (Yukon Gold or Carisma)
- A light spray of olive oil
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic or onion powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup diced bacon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 ripe avocado , pitted and mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or plain, greek yoghurt)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt to season
Pre-heat your oven to broil (or grill) settings to high heat.
Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to the boil; cook, covered for 30-35 minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain well.
Lightly grease a large baking sheet or tray with cooking oil spray. Arrange potatoes onto the sheet and use a potato masher to LIGHTLY flatten the potatoes in one piece (not too hard or they will end up mashed).
Spray potatoes lightly with olive oil spray; season with salt, pepper and garlic or onion powder (about 1/4 teaspoon each per potato).
Broil (or grill) until they are golden and crispy (about 15 minutes).
While potatoes are broiling, fry the diced bacon until just beginning to crisp; drain fat on a sheet of paper towel; set aside.
Remove potatoes from the oven; top with the mozzarella cheese and bacon; return to the oven until the cheese has melted.
Season with a little extra salt and top with chives. Serve immediately wight he Avocado Crema.