Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Caprese Christmas Wreath
Caprese Christmas Wreath is a festive and healthy appetizer for your Christmas table!
Balsamic Glaze (or use 3/4 cup store bought):
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 600 grams | 12 ounces grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 300 grams | 10 ounces fresh cherry-sized bocconcini (mozzarella) balls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- Handful fresh basil leaves , shredded (to garnish)
- flaked sea salt and ground pepper , to season
For The Balsamic Glaze:
Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook while stirring over low heat for 4-5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium setting and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until reduced by one-third and thickened like syrup.
For The Salad:
Wash and dry the tomatoes. Arrange them in a circle on a large serving plate or round platter. Drain the mozzarella balls and arrange between the tomatoes.
Drizzle with olive oil and season with the Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Toss the tomatoes and bocconcini through the oil with a spoon.
Garnish with the fresh shredded basil.