Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Macaroni Salad is quick to throw together and so DELICIOUS! A versatile, fool-proof pasta salad with an incredible creamy dressing perfect to take to gatherings, Bbq's, lunches and dinners. Or serve as a popular side dish!
Servings: 6 - 8 people
- 8 oz (250g) dry macaroni pasta
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper (capsicum), seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise, (S&W, Best Foods, Hellmann's, Japanese or any whole egg mayo)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar, (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Bring large pot of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add the pasta and boil until al dente (just fork-tender), or follow packet directions.
While pasta is boiling, prepare/chop SALAD ingredients and add them to a large serving bowl.
Mix DRESSING ingredients together in a small bowl.
Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse under cool running water. Drain well and add to the rest of the SALAD ingredients in the large serving bowl.
Pour over DRESSING and toss well to evenly combine. Adjust salt, pepper and vinegar to taste.
Set aside for at least 15 minutes to let the ingredients warm close to room temperature and settle into each other before serving.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g