Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Beef Cabbage Stir Fry
Ground Beef Stir Fry with shredded cabbage is not only easy to make but incredibly tasty. Your new favourite low carb recipe using simple ingredients. Try it for dinner tonight!
Servings: 4 - 6 serves
STIR FRY SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese cooking wine, (or Mirin, dry sherry, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, sake, rice wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar, or sweetener for low carb -- (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 pound lean ground beef (mince), (500g)
- 1 head cabbage, core removed and leaves shredded (8 cups shredded cabbage)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded (1/2 cup shredded)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Combine stir fry ingredients in a bowl. Set sauce aside.
Heat cooking oil a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Cook the garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the beef, breaking it up with the end of a wooden spoon as it cooks, until browned, about 5 minutes.
Once beef is browned, add half of the sauce to the beef, stir frying to evenly coat.
Add the cabbage and carrots; continue cooking while stirring until the cabbage is wilted. Taste test and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Stir through the remaining sauce. Serve warm.
OPTIONAL ADD INS:
Chili powder, red pepper flakes or sriracha for heat.
Top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g