Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Steamed Mussels in a delicious white wine and garlic cream broth is a versatile seafood dish filled with flavour. Rich flavours in buttery broth ready in less than 20 minutes.
Servings: 4 serves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 pounds 1kg mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and cracked black pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until softened, (about 5 minutes).
Add the mussels, wine, cream, butter, and parsley. Season well with salt and pepper, to taste.
Mix well, cover pot with a lid and cook until mussels are cooked through and opened, about 12-15 minutes.
Serve mussels along with the juices in the pan with crusty or garlic bread.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sugar: 1g