Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Buffalo chicken dip is sinfully creamy and mouthwatering comfort food. Hot wing flavours infused into a delicious dip perfect to serve as an appetizer for any special occasion!
Servings: 6 serves as an appetizer
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
- 8 oz (250g) g block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white Cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- 1/4 cup American cheddar freshly shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional to serve)
- 2 teaspoons green onions, sliced ( or chives)
- Celery sticks carrot sticks, tortilla chips, crusty bread pieces, potato chips, for serving
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Arrange oven rack to the middle of your oven.
In an 8-inch cast-iron skillet (or an ovenproof pan), melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant (30 seconds). Add the chicken and hot sauce and simmer until sauce has thickened and reduced by half (about 2 minutes).
Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese; mix until combined. Take off heat, stir through sour cream and top with both cheddar cheese(s) over the top.
Bake until bubbling around the edges and the cheese has melted (about 10 minutes). Broil (or grill) for a further minute to brown on top.
Immediately garnish with blue cheese and green onions. Serve with vegetable sticks, chips, crusty bread pieces for dipping.
- If you don't have a cast-iron skillet or oven-proof pan: prepare all ingredients as per recipe instructions above in a regular pan on the stove. Then transfer buffalo dip to a 1-quart (1-litre) baking dish.
- You can use rotisserie chicken.
- Don't like blue cheese? Feel free to omit it.
- Halve the hot sauce amount for a milder dip.
- Add more hot sauce for spicier dip.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g