Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Mushrooms
Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Mushrooms coated in a rich sauce filled with garlic, sun dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese and spinach. Low carb creamy mushrooms PACKED with incredible flavours!
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 21 oz (600 g) mushrooms, washed and dried with paper towel
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine, (OPTIONAL)
- 5 oz (150 g) jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, (reserve 1 tablespoon of the jarred oil for cooking)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, (SEE NOTES)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, OPTIONAL -- (mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water for a thicker sauce.
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and sauté onion until transparent; add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about one minute). Cook the sun dried tomatoes and oil in with the butter for about 2 minutes to release all of their flavours. Cook mushrooms in the tomato flavours for about 5 minutes.
Pour in the white wine or broth (if using), and allow to reduce to half, while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan. (SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU WISH.)
Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Add in the spinach leaves; allow to wilt in the sauce, then add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce. (For a thicker sauce, add the milk/cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan, and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.)
Mix in the herbs and garnish with parsley.
Serve over mashed cauliflower, zucchini noodles or steamed veg. Alternatively, serve over pasta, mashed potatoes or rice.
Substitute heavy cream with light (reduced fat) cream or half and half. Half and half is an American product, made from equal parts light cream and milk.
Add red chili flakes for a kick of heat.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Sodium: 158mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Iron: 3mg