Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cajun Butter Steak Bites
Tender pan seared Cajun Butter Steak Bites are full flavoured with crispy edges. Seared in Cajun seasoning and garlic butter, ready in under 10 minutes. No marinating!
Servings: 4 people
For Cajun Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon mild paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, add more if you like heat
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar KETO: use brown sugar substitute
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, add more if you like heat
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper to taste
- 23 oz (650 g) steak, cut into 2-inch cubes (Sirloin, Rump, New York Strip, Porterhouse or Ribeye)
- 1-2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
Combine cajun seasoning in a shallow bowl. Add the steak bites and toss to evenly coat.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until hot.
Sear the steak bites in batches for 2-3 minutes each side until edges are crispy and browned, adding extra oil as needed. Set aside.
Reduce heat to medium. Add butter to the skillet and heat until melted. Sauté the chopped garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds), while scraping up any browned bits from the pan.
Take the pan off the heat. Throw the steak bites back in and toss through the garlic butter to evenly coat.
*We make Cajun seasoning from scratch in this steak bites recipe. Feel free to use 3 tablespoons of store bought Cajun seasoning. Make sure the brand you use is low sodium.
Calories: 518kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 869mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 1470IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 3.3mg