Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Bacon Cheese Ball Christmas Wreath
Christmas Bacon Cheese Ball Wreath is a showstopper! Full of crispy bacon, red bell peppers, chives, green onions and seasonings on the inside, the OUTSIDE is where it gets serious! Transforming your favourite bacon, cheese and onion dip into a holiday masterpiece. Serve it on a platter with crackers!
Servings: 20 - 25 people
For The Dip:
- 4 cups cream cheese softened (32 oz | 1 kg)
- 1 1/2 cups diced bacon, fried
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 of a large red bell pepper (or capsicum
), seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped (or cilantro)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste (if desired)
For The Decorations:
- 1/4 cup parsley (or herbs of choice) finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely chopped
- 12 pitted mixed olives halved lengthwise
- remaining red bell pepper (or capsicum
), finely chopped
- Rosemary leaves/sprigs to decorate
- Ritz, water crackers or pretzels for serving
Line the inside of a 10-cup capacity Bundt pan with plastic wrap (you may need two sheets to completely cover the walls of the pan). Set aside.
Combine dip ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
Scoop the cream cheese mixture into prepared pan. Spread into an even layer while adding light pressure to ensure the mixture smooths into the base of the pan.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled, (about 1 hour or up to 1 day).
Once chilled, uncover and invert the wreath onto a serving platter. Use a spatula to smooth the edges.
To decorate, sprinkle with the parsley, chives and green onions. Press each olive half around the top of the wreath. Garnish with bell peppers between the olives. Insert rosemary sprigs around the wreath. Brush with a little olive oil (optional for shine).
Serve with crackers of your choice.
- If you find your cream cheese has softened too much and won't hold its shape, refrigerate it until it thickens again (about 20 minutes).
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 88mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 0.4mg