Caprese Stuffed Avocado
Sweet and juicy grape/cherry tomatoes with fresh mozzarella balls are tossed in basil pesto and a touch of garlic, then stuffed into Avocados for an incredible light lunch, dinner or snack! Drizzle with a balsamic glaze for an incredible flavour combination!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Course: Appetizer, Lunch, Snack
Servings: 4 halves
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz (120g) baby mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto homemade or store bought)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, seeded and halved
- Fresh basil leaves to serve (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze reduction to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
Combine tomatoes, mozzarella balls, pesto, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss well to evenly combine all of the flavours.
Arrange prepared avocado halves onto a plate with fresh basil leaves.
Spoon the Caprese filling into each avocado halve and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Top with chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 550mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 0.8mg