Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Strawberries 'n' Cream French Toasts
Dessert for breakfast with these super incredibly decadent cheesecake flavoured strawberries and cream stuffed french toasts!
Weight Watchers: 7pp per serve!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened low fat/almond milk
- 1 tablespoon natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup low fat (or fat free) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon (extra) natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 10 sliced strawberries (enough to cover two toasts)
- 4 pieces of bread of choice (I use sourdough because I love it, but you can use anything your heart desires)
Whisk the egg, milk, sweetener/sugar and vanilla together in a shallow bowl until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and the (extra) sweetener/sugar. Spread all pieces of bread with the cream cheese mixture, and add the sliced strawberries to one slice of bread. Top with the second piece of bread and gently press the edges down to 'seal.' Repeat with remaining bread.
Dip the sandwiches into the egg mix, one by one, and turn to coat.
Heat a non-stick pan with cooking oil spray over low-medium heat.
Fry each sandwich for about 3 - 5 minutes on both sides or until golden brown and cooked through.
To serve, dust with (optional - but not really) icing sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 7g | Fiber: 4g