Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Banoffee French Toast
Weight Watchers: 9pp
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tablespoon natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons low fat (or fat free) cream cheese
- ½ tablespoon (extra) natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 1 sliced banana (enough to cover one toast)
- 2 pieces of bread of choice (I use sourdough because I love it, but you can use anything your heart desires)
- Caramel chips (optional: for more caramel flavours)
- 3 tablespoons light butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons water (or more if needed)
Whisk the egg, milk, sweetener/sugar and vanilla together in a shallow bowl until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and the (extra) sweetener/sugar. Spread both pieces of bread with the cream cheese mixture, and add the sliced bananas to one slice of bread. Top with the second piece of bread and gently press the edges down to 'seal.'
Dip the sandwich into the egg mix, and turn to coat.
Heat a non-stick pan with cooking oil spray over low-medium heat.
Fry sandwich for about 3 - 5 minutes on both sides or until golden brown and cooked through (you can cover with a lid to speed up cooking time as long as it's on LOW heat).
Melt the butter in a small saucepan. When bubbling hot, add the sugar and mix well to combine. Bring to a gentle rolling simmer and slowly add the milk. Stir and allow to simmer for about 3 -4 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken. Add water if needed, whisk well and drizzle over the french toast.
Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 12g | Fiber: 6g