Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Tortellini with Chunky Beef Sauce
Tortellini with Chunky Beef Sauce makes for an easy dinner filled with comfort! A rich and rustic sauce filled with fall apart chunks of beef coats soft pillows of tortellini. There's nothing like a bowl of warm pasta!
Servings: 8 serves
- 22 ounce (625 g) packet fresh tortellini any flavour
- 1 pound (500 g) beef fillet (scotch or eye fillet), cut into palm-sized pieces
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 4 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1 large red bell pepper (capsicum) seeded, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled, washed and chopped
- 1 pound (500 g) lean ground beef mince
- 15 ounce (420 g) tomato sauce (Passata or crushed tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock powder
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese to serve
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender. Drain and return to pot.
While pasta is boiling: fry the beef fillet in batches until browned and cooked to your liking over medium-high heat. Remove from pan and keep warm.
In the same pan, fry the onion, peppers (capsicum) and carrot on medium heat until onion is softened. Sauté the garlic until fragrant (30 seconds).
Brown the ground beef while breaking it up with the end of a wooden spoon. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste and vegetable stock powder. Bring to a simmer until sauce begins to thicken and veggies are softened.
Add the cooked beef fillets into the sauce. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for a further 5 - 10 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to your tastes. Top with half of the parsley.
Take off the heat and pour the meat mixture into the same pan as the tortellini. Mix until combined.Sprinkle with cheese and remaining parsley to serve.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 606kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 748mg | Potassium: 570mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2645IU | Vitamin C: 35.8mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 5.4mg