Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Nutella Stuffed Churro French Toast
The BEST French Toasts you'll ever try. Buttery, coated in Cinnamon Sugar and FULL of CHURRO flavour!
Weight Watchers: 8pp per serve!
- 4 slices of thick bread of choice (I love Sourdough)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat milk (or almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sweetener/sugar of choice
- 1 tablespoon Nutella (or this Refined Sugar-Free Nutella Spread), divided into 4 teaspoons
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar OR 3 tablespoons sugar mixed with 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon (adjust these measurements to suit your tastes)
Whisk the eggs and the milk together with the cinnamon, vanilla extract and sweetener/sugar in a wide shallow bowl. Spread 1 teaspoon of the Nutella or Hazelnut spread onto each slice and sandwich them together to make 2 sandwiches. Soak the sandwiches in the egg wash. Heat a nonstick pan/skillet with 1 teaspoon butter. Fry the egg-soaked sandwiches on low - medium heat on both sides until golden.
Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar (or cinnamon sugar mix) onto a small plate and press the French Toast sandwiches down until coated like a Churro or a sugared donut.
Serve with 1 scoop frozen yoghurt, ice cream, fruit, berries, and/or more nutella!
Drizzle alllll over your Donut French Toasts!!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 12.8g | Fat: 7g | Fiber: 2g