Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Peanut Butter Choc Chip Deep Dish Skillet Cookie (Low Fat)
Fudgy to the extreme, a gooey but crispy lower in fat skillet cookie, full of peanut buttery good stuff, and loaded with so many melty chocolate chips, it's like Christmas all over again.
Weight Watchers: 4pp per generous slice!
- 1/2 cup light butter , softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetener/sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup powdered peanut butter (I use this to lower the fat content, but you can substitute with creamy peanut butter, melted.)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet)
Preheat oven to 175c | 350° F. Line a 9" cast iron skillet (or a pie dish/round baking pan) with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the butter, apple sauce, sugar and vanilla, and whisk until creamy . Add the egg and whisk again until combined.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into the batter and mix until combined. Add the powdered peanut butter (in dry state) and fold in half the chocolate chips. Mix again but do not over beat. Spoon batter into the prepared skillet/pan, and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes (for a gooey cookie) or 25--30 minutes (for a set cookie). Cool for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4.4g | Fat: 5g