Add to Collection
Go to Collections
One Pot Ravioli in a Creamy Tomato Beef Sauce
A one-pot, rich. tomato based cream sauce simmered to creamy perfection, cooked with ravioli inside the sauce for extra richness and flavour. Topped with crunchy grilled cheese croutons, there were no complaints happening around the dinner table over here.
Weight Watchers: 15pp per serving
- 1 onion , diced
- 4 cloves garlic , crushed
- 500 g | 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 (420g | 15-ounce) can condensed tomato soup (or crushed tomatoes)
- 2 cups of water + 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder (or 2 cup stock of choice)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chilli/pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic and herb tomato paste (or plain)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 (350g | 12-ounce) package refrigerated beef ravioli
- 1 (250ml) tub extra light Philly cream for cooking (or any cream of your choice)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 grilled cheese sandwiches , crusts removed and cut into bite sized cubes/croutons
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat with a little cooking oil spray. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until onion has softened and garlic is fragrant. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, while breaking up any large pieces with the tip of your wooden spoon.
Pour in the tomato soup (or crushed tomatoes), water, stock powder (or stock), sugar, parsley, red chilli/pepper flakes and tomato paste; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil and stir in ravioli. Reduce heat and simmer until ravioli is soft and cooked through.
While ravioli is simmering, prepare grilled cheese sandwiches; fry them in a nonstick pan until browned on both sides and cheese has melted. Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly; cut off crusts; and cut into bite sized cube/crouton pieces.
Return to the ravioli; stir in cream and mozzarella cheese until well combined, cheese has melted and heated through the sauce.
Serve immediately, garnished with the grilled cheese croutons and (extra) fresh parsley.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 17g | Fiber: 1g