Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Turkey Pesto and Garlic Meatballs
Turkey Meatballs with Pesto and garlic are seared and simmered in a rich and delicious tomato sauce. Serve over pasta for an easy weeknight dinner!
Servings: 6 (Makes 18 Meatballs)
- 2 pounds (1 kg) lean ground turkey mince (or beef, pork or chicken)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (or almond meal for lower carb)
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons traditional basil pesto
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 2 heaping teaspoons paprika (sweet or smokey)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes (optional but gives them a nice kick)
- Salt to season (about 2 teaspoons)
- 17 ounces (500 g) pasta sauce of choice (or crushed tomatoes)
- 15 ounces (420 g) condensed tomato soup (or Passata / Tomato Sauce for U.S readers)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley and grated parmesan , to serve
Combine all meatball ingredients in a large sized bowl. Shape into meatballs (I made 18 meatballs about 2-inches in diameter).
Spray a nonstick pan with cooking oil spray or grease with a drizzle of olive oil and pan fry meatballs until underside is golden. Turn them and cook until browned on both sides.
Pour in tomato sauce (or crushed tomatoes) and the tomato soup (or passata/sauce). Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Simmer on low heat for 10 - 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese, and serve over spaghetti or quinoa or rice!
Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 674mg | Potassium: 316mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1465IU | Vitamin C: 19.9mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 4.5mg