Add to Collection
Go to Collections
10-minute Portobello Pizzas
Portobello Pizzas have ALL the flavours of a GOOD pizza without the guilt! These pizzas are quick and easy to make, low carb and ready in 10 minutes!
- 6 portobello mushroom caps , stems removed, washed and dried with a paper towel
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or a dried oregano and basil leaf blend), divided
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce (garlic and herb)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese (or a pizza cheese blend)*
- 30 miniature-sized pepperonis**
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes , sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper , to taste
Preheat oven to broil / grill settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
Combine the oil, garlic and 4 teaspoons of the seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom with the garlic oil mixture and place each mushroom, oil side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet / tray.
Fill each mushroom with 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce per cap, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, 6 pepperoni miniatures and tomato slices. Broil / grill until cheese has melted and is golden in colour (about 8 minutes).
To serve, sprinkle with the remaining Italian seasoning (or mixed herbs), and season with salt and pepper to taste.
*I find using dry cheese such as shredded mozzarella gives the best results. Using fresh mozzarella may cause the mushrooms to release some liquid during the broiling / grilling process.
**For the miniature pepperonis, I bought normal-sized pepperonis and cut them with an apple corer like this one to get miniature sized ones. (I used 8 slices.) However, you can use whatever you can find!
TIP: Do NOT over bake them! They WILL release a lot of liquid if left in the oven for too long! Make sure your oven is preheated well and HOT when putting them in.