Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Thick & Creamy Pumpkin Soup is our family recipe, and a favourite weekly soup! Served with crispy bacon, this soup will become YOUR new favourite soup!
Servings: 6 serves
- 2 pounds (1 kg) pumpkin skin and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 medium-sized potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (stock)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste (if needed)
- 1/2 cup half and half (or light cream)
- 1/2 cooked bacon to serve (optional)
- Fresh parsley to serve (optional)
Place all ingredients, except cream, in a large pot or saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
Take off heat. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
Add the cream and stir through (do not boil after adding cream).
Add any salt or pepper if needed, and serve with bacon and parsley (if desired).
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 530mg | Potassium: 791mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 14590IU | Vitamin C: 35.1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 3.9mg