Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Lemon Chicken Scallopini with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
Lemon Chicken Scallopini with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce combines two recipes into one: lemon garlic chicken AND a lemon garlic cream sauce to keep the flavours going!
For The Chicken:
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts , halved horizontally to make 4
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons flour (all purpose or tapioca) -- OPTIONAL
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 medium-sized brown onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (or 6-8 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1¼ cup chicken broth (stock)
- 2/3 cup light cooking cream*
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice (adjust to your tastes)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian mixed herbs**
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Lemon slices or wedges , to serve
Season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Squeeze the lemon juice of half a lemon over each fillet, rubbing it into each fillet. (The next step is optional): Add the flour to a shallow bowl and dredge each fillet in the flour; shake off excess and set aside.
Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet or non stick pan over medium-high heat until butter has melted and pan is hot. Fry the chicken until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer onto a warm plate.
Add the onion and garlic to the pan and fry until onion is translucent (about 3 minutes). Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the broth. Season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook to reduce down slightly (about 6 minutes). Add in the cream and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer for about 5 minutes until it begins to thicken. (If the sauce is too runny for your liking, add the cornstarch/water mixture into the centre of the pan and mix through fast to combine into the sauce. It will begin to thicken immediately).
Pour in the lemon juice, allow to simmer gently for a further minute to combine. Stir in the Italian herbs. Add the chicken back into the pan, cover with the sauce and serve over rice, pasta, steamed vegetables or zucchini noodles. Garnish with lemon slices or wedges and parsley.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 951mg | Potassium: 390mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 15.8mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.4mg