Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Simple yet elegant, who doesn't love a chocolate covered strawberry? Easy to make bite-size pieces of heaven, they’re the perfect sweet dessert or snack at any age. It only takes 15 minutes to make one batch of chocolate covered strawberries!BONUS: An adult version with booze is included!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time2 mins
Set time15 mins
Total Time27 mins
Servings: 20 strawberries
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into smaller blocks or chopped
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, broken into smaller blocks or chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds strawberries with stems, (1 kg | about 20 strawberries)
Line a sheet pan with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
Wash strawberries and thoroughly pat dry with paper towel. (The chocolate will not stick if the strawberries are not dried well).
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
Pierce the stem-end of a strawberry with a fork and dip strawberry into the melted chocolate. Lift strawberry just above the bowl and twist around a couple of times to let excess chocolate drip off. Place strawberry on lined pan and repeat with remaining strawberries.
Chill until the chocolate sets, about 15-30 minutes.
To drizzle strawberry with extra chocolate for effect: Melt remaining leftover chocolate, if needed. Dip the tip of a fork into the chocolate and drizzle in a zig-zag pattern over the dipped strawberries. Let set in the refrigerator for a further 30 minutes, or until set.
WHAT CAN YOU PUT ON CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES?
For additional ideas to coat strawberries, dip strawberries into melted chocolate as above, then dip into crushed nuts, mini chocolate chips, chocolate flakes or coconut flakes.
FOR ADULT CHOCOLATE DIPPED STRAWBERRIES:
- Place strawberries in a large bowl. Pour alcohol of choice (champagne, vodka, Kahlua, brandy, etc) into bowl to completely cover strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours.
- Drain strawberries in a colander, reserving alcohol for future use. Thoroughly pat dry strawberries with paper towel.
- Melt chocolate as directed above and continue with recipe.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 130mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg