Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Homemade Sausage Rolls with flaky pastry rival any bakery! A flavourful sausage filling wrapped in golden puff pastry make sausage rolls the perfect little appetizers for game day! Full of bacon, beef, ground pork, aromatics, herbs and spices.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 20 sausage rolls
- 7 oz (200g) bacon, minced or finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded/grated
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 8 oz (250g) ground pork mince
- 8 oz (250g) ground beef mince
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 1/2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Lightly flour a work bench. Cut one pastry sheet in half and lay one half down in front of you.
Spoon 1/5th of the filling down the middle of the sheet and press/shape into a compact log.
Brush edge of pastry with egg then roll up. Lightly press/seal on the edge with egg wash and arrange seam-side down.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or lightly grease with nonstick cooking oil spray.
Slice each log into four equal pieces for party-sized sausage rolls, or two pieces for long full-sized sausage rolls. Brush the tops with egg wash.
Arrange rolls on baking sheets and bake for 30-35 minutes, rotating baking sheets around halfway through cook time to ensure they bake evenly. The pastry shouold be crispy and golden brown.
Let cool to the touch. Serve hot (or warm) with ketchup/tomato sauce.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 482IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg