Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Skinny Slow Cooker Potato Soup
This skinny potato soup is made entirely in the slow cooker and tastes just like a loaded up baked potato, yet is lightened up and just 303 calories per serving!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 6 - 8 servings
- 6-8 slices cooked turkey bacon, diced or crumbled
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 12 oz low fat evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black or white pepper
- pinch ground celery seed
- sliced chives or green onions, for garnish
- additional shredded cheese, for garnish
- additional bacon, for garnish
To a 4 quart or larger slow cooker, add bacon, potatoes, onion and chicken stock and stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours, until potatoes are very tender.
Combine evaporated milk and cornstarch, whisking to combine until no lumps remain. The last 30 minutes of cooking, add cream cheese, cornstarch/milk mixture, shredded cheddar, salt, pepper and celery seed. Stir to combine, cover and continue cooking 30 minutes.
Remove lid and mash about half of the potatoes with a potato masher to thicken the soup up even more.
Serve garnished with any of the toppings. Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days.