Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Healthy Banana, Honey and Date Scone Muffins
Weight Watchers: 3pp per muffin!
Servings: 18 large muffins
- 2 cups wholemeal self raising flour (or all purpose flour)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (use 1 tablespoon of baking powder if using all purpose flour)
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons (40g) softened light butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup low fat greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 chopped fresh dates
- 2 tablespoons honey (extra for drizzling)
Preheat oven to 180C. Spray a muffin tray with coconut oil cooking spray.
Place into a food processor flour, rolled oats and almond meal and process for approx 2 minutes.
When oats are finely ground, add the salt, sweetener/sugar and baking powder, and process again for 1 more minute.
In a separate bowl, mash bananas and add the honey, butter, egg, yoghurt and milk until combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and gently mix with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are mixed through. Do not over beat!
Fold in dates.
Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
Drizzle the tops with honey.