Pan Fried Asparagus with Poached Eggs Bruschetta
No matter which way I look at it…nothing beats a yummy and runny poached egg for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Anytime of the day is perfect. And turning them into a Bruschetta style meal is not only filling and healthy, but a super meal!
So…how do I like to create my Bruschetta type meals? Like THIS!
A beautiful poached egg with crispy bacon, crunchy asparagus on toasted sourdough bread, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze… Because it can’t be bruschetta without a glaze. And balsamic glaze would.have.to.be.my.favourite.low.in.fat.dressing. Yes. I’m making a powerful statement!
This is my guilt-free and go-to brunch. I have absolutely no time in the morning for a bowl of cereal before taking my kids to school! Mummy’s everywhere..I know you’re feeling me! We don’t have time to sit on the toilet let alone make a bowl of anything!
So when I get home…I could eat the whole kitchen plus the kitchen sink and the taps thrown in for good measure. Mmmmm-metal. Not good.
I’ll take eggs over a sink any day.
This is so quick and easy to prepare…and the best part about it is you don’t really have to know what you’re doing. Like me, on most occasions.
All it takes is pan-frying..poaching..toasting…and serving (the best part).
Oh that runnyyyyyy egggggg!!!!
Personally, I think bursting the yolk is the fun part.
And then comes the balsamic glaze! Oh that GLAZE!!
So…about that recipe….
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears , cut in thirds
- 1 shortcut rasher of bacon , trimmed of rind and all visible fat, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 piece of bread ( I love sourdough)
- Balsamic glaze ( I used about ½ tablespoons worth)
- Fill a small frying pan half way with water and the vinegar. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a gentle simmer and crack the egg while holding the egg close the waters surface, drop it in gently.
- While the egg is poaching, add the asparagus, bacon and tomatoes into another pan, and cook until tomatoes are soft and asparagus has changed colour to a vibrant green.
- Remove from heat.
- Occasionally go back to your egg/s and spoon the simmering water over the yolk.
- Toast the bread when eggs are just about cooked to your liking.
- Once the eggs are done, drain the water from the pan and set aside.
- Add the pan fried asparagus mix to the toast, and top with your egg.
- Season with salt and pepper (if you wish)
- Drizzle with the balsamic glaze!
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.