Lemon Parmesan Salmon & Asparagus Foil Packs are so easy to make, and are packed with flavour!
Extremely versatile, they can be baked OR grilled right on your barbecue! Low carb readers have been asking me to remake this Crispy Parmesan Salmon without the bread crumb topping to reduce the carb count, and let me just say this was a PLEASURE for me to make AND taste test over and over and over again. Lemon Parmesan Salmon & Asparagus Foil Packs FOR THE WIN!
There’s something about a buttery, garlicky, herb mixture being poured onto a fresh, wild caught salmon fillet. To get the measurements right, however, is a whole different story. If too much lemon goes in? Bitterness overload. Too much butter? Oily overload. Too much salt? Be careful of this one. Too much garlic? (Wait…WHAT is too much garlic, even?)
HOW TO MAKE FOIL PACKETS
Freshly grated parmesan cheese goes over the top, gets baked in a foil packet to keep all of those flavours and juices in the salmon WHILE being soaked and cooked right into asparagus for a complete meal; in less than 30 minutes!
Salmon & Asparagus Foil Packs
With this salmon during testing, I found that we did not like the flavour of packaged, powdered parmesan cheese. You know the one you can find in a can? Yeah….no. It seemed to ruin the natural flavour of salmon. Freshly grated however, is a different thing all together. Whether you shave it on with a vegetable peeler, or grate it, you will get the very best of flavour using FRESH PARMESAN CHEESE!
Also, if you don’t like asparagus, you can easily pair this with zucchini or green beans!
If you try it, PLEASE let me know if you love it more than we did!
WATCH HOW WE MAKE Lemon Parmesan Salmon & Asparagus Foil Packs RIGHT HERE
Lemon Parmesan Salmon & Asparagus Foil Packs
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on or off
- 1 pound (500 g) asparagus spears, wood ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, (or juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (or 4 large cloves garlic, minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (or dried parsley)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
EXTRA TO SERVE:
- Parsley to garnish
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven or barbecue (grill) following instructions below.
- Place each salmon fillet in the centre of one 12x18-inch heavy-duty aluminium foil piece. Divide the asparagus into 4 equal portions and arrange next to the salmon on each foil piece.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic and parsley. Pour the garlic/butter mixture evenly over each piece of salmon and asparagus; season with salt and pepper to taste, and top each pack with the parmesan cheese (about 2-3 tablespoons per pack).
- Tent with foil, tightly sealing the edges to prevent the butter being leaked, to create a foil packet.
For The Oven:
- Bake in preheated oven to 200°C | 400°F for 15 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.For a crispy top, broil for 1-2 minutes extra until Cheese is golden.
For The Grill:
- Grill, covered on medium high heat for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.OPTIONAL: For a crispy top, broil for 1-2 minutes extra until Cheese is golden.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and garnish with extra parsley.