Low Carb Garlic Mushroom Chicken Bites is the EASIEST dinner to throw together! Do it all in one skillet and let the flavours BLOW YOUR MIND!
Mushroom Chicken Bites seared and cooked in buttery pan juices filled with herbs and spices, you will LOVE this new easy dinner recipe! All you need is one pan, a wooden spoon and a stove top. DONE.
Normally, when you think of chicken bites, you think of chicken nuggets or bite-sized pieces of crumbed chicken. With this recipe, we have kept it ALLLL low carb and replaced breadcrumbs with ALL THE FLAVOURS! The best part? The mushrooms release their juices into the pan to mix with the chicken juices, butter, garlic and seasonings. Mushroom Chicken Bites = Y.U.M!
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK CUBED CHICKEN?
The recipe calls for 1-inch bite-sized pieces. For this reason, they only needy to be cooked in a hot pan for 5-6 minutes, or until they are browned all over and just cooked through! If your pan isn’t large enough, cook them in two batches to:
- Avoid overcrowding the pan
- Prevent boiling the chicken bites
- Get a nice, golden sear all over
Once the rest of the ingredients have been cooked, those golden chicken bites get added back into the pan to warm through and continue cooking until its all done!
WHAT DO YOU EAT WITH CHICKEN BITES?
That’s the beauty of this recipe. It already comes fully loaded with ALL the good stuff! Mushrooms, bell peppers, shallots, SO MUCH FOOD. You can serve over cauliflower rice to keep it low carb, or go for gold with plain rice or egg noddles. Pile spoonfuls of mushroom chicken bites onto toasted garlic bread for the ultimate snack.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
Mushroom Chicken Bites
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 lb (500g) boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch | 2cm pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 oz (250g) sliced brown mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons (2 oz | 60g) butter
- 1 brown shallot, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper (capsicum), seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan on medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken. Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Mix well and sear chicken all over until browned and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate; set aside and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the mushrooms and cook, while stirring, until just beginning to brown and soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan. Let melt and sauté shallots and bell peppers until just soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken back into the pan along with any juices released while resting. Mix through all of the ingredients to evenly coat in the pan juices. Continue cooking until all vegetables are soft and the chicken is cooked through, about 1-2 more minutes.
- Taste test and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm.