Coconut Nutella Pancakes
These taste just like cake. Fluffy and filled with coconut flavours, it’s only natural to drizzle them with Nutella. Right? Riiggghhyyyttt…
Yields 10 medium sized pancakes
- 1 cup white self raising flour (all purpose)
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour (wholewheat all purpose)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- (1 teaspoon baking powder IF using all purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons (10g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2 heaping tablespoons Nutella , melted
- Strawberries , sliced
- Coconut oil spray
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the centre, and add wet ingredients. Mix well until combined and lump free. Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto a non stick pan sprayed with coconut oil, and cook as normal pancakes.
- Melt Nutella carefully on low heat in the microwave in 30 second bursts until semi melted.
- Top pancakes with Nutella and desiccated coconut, and strawberry slices.