Banana Cream Pie Breakfast Smoothie with Fried Honey Bananas
A creamy and thick banana smoothie with the addition of oats to make a perfect breakfast and beautiful Banana Cream Pie Flavours!
What makes this stand out than the usual banana smoothies? The addition of pan fried banana slices caramelised slightly with a hint of honey…and some crushed graham crackers over your whipped cream.
Grab a blender cup…throw all of your ingredients in there…and go!
I love smoothies. I mean, who doesn’t?
And if you have a spare 2 minutes while your smoothie is blending…pan fry some bananas. Adding these crispy on the outside and soft on the inside banana slices into your smoothie?
It’s worth the extra 2.2 minutes it takes to make them.
They take your humble smoothie to a whole different smoothie world.
Banana Cream Pie SmoothiePRINT SAVE go to your favorites
- 2 large bananas
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups milk of choice (I use Vanilla Almond Milk)
Pan Fried Banana Slices
- 1 large banana , sliced thickly
- 1 teaspoon butter of choice (I use reduced fat)
- Drizzle of honey
- Vanilla Greek yogurt OR whipped cream to serve
- Cookie crumbs (optional)
- Throw all smoothie ingredients together in a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy
- While smoothie is blending, prepare Pan Fried Bananas:
- In a good quality nonstick pan, fry banana slices in the butter and panfry until golden (about 1-2 minutes each side). Drizzle the honey over the banana slices.
- Pour smoothie into serving glasses; top with greek yogurt or whipped cream and fried banana slices. Dust with cookie crumbs (if using).
Louise from Delishogram says
OMG! This looks so good, the buttery fried bananas looks perfect 🙂
I will have to make this!!!!
I have recently started a food photo sharing site, I would love to have you submit your photos they are amazing!
Thanks Louise! I’m glad you like this! I do hope you make it and try it. Xx
Cathleen @ A Taste Of Madness says
This smoothie looks so good! I especially like the fried bananas 🙂
Thanks Cathleen. Definitely a game changer! Xx