Bacon, Silverbeet and Potato Tortilla
Just simply the most perfect combination don’t you think? This recipe is a family favourite and a winner!
A traditional family recipe! This tortilla….also known as a frittata, is a solid and balanced meal in itself. The combination of crisp bacon and potatoes is just….mmmm….. There’s something about tortilla’s, don’t you think?
So easy and fast to prepare, and great to make bigger batches to freeze and save for those first thing in the morning ‘hangry’ emergencies.
Tortilla’s get me out of every bad situation in life. And they’re so filling and HEALTHY!
I love this frittata, and everything about it.
Easily serves 2, or save half and freeze for later!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 50 g | 2oz shortcut bacon , trimmed of all fat and finely chopped
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic olive oil
- 1 small cooked potato , diced
- 3 cups fresh silverbeet leaves , chopped
- 3 eggs , whisked
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- Salt to season
- Preheat oven to broil/grill settings on medium heat.
- Pan fry bacon and onion in the garlic olive oil until onion is soft and transparent. Add potato and silverbeet and cook until silverbeet reduces in size and has wilted slightly.
- Pour in whisked eggs and cook on low - medium heat until underside is golden. Sprinkle salt over the top.
- Place pan into the oven and grill/broil the top tortilla has set.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.