Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Thighs…in ONE SKILLET? My kind of recipe. A cross between your favourite spinach and artichoke dip and creamy chicken thighs without using any heavy cream or thickened cream! At only 245 calories per serve OR 5 sp (Weight Watchers)!
This dinner will stay in your thoughts for days after you’ve enjoyed it. Low fat AND low carb, filled with fresh spinach and soft artichokes, a kick of parmesan cheese and a nice hint of garlic, this recipe is absolutely incredible.
How did this come to be? Honestly, I don’t know. All I wanted was creamy chicken without the usual fat and calorie stresses of creamy sauces messing with my head or my butt. And this recipe hit me right in my subconscious. So much so I’ve made it for weeks now to perfect it, and every single time I made it, nothing changed.
All of those incredible spinach and artichoke dip flavours combine to make one of the beast creamy chicken recipes I have on cafedelites. And I have some good ones. The Creamy Sun Dried Tomato + Parmesan Chicken Zoodles and the Lightened Up Chicken Carbonara have been doing the internet rounds lately. But the Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken is still a favourite on Instagram.
However, this chicken recipe is so good, I made you another video! With all of the messages I’ve received on my Instagram account from this Easy Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup video, I thought this one ↓ may come in handy!
The best part is that cream! A super thick and rich cream, made lighter with low-fat cream cheese — absolutely irresistible. NO thickened cream. NO heavy cream, but just as good as those sauces.
I may have stood at the stove sneaking one (okay, more like maybe six), tablespoons of sauce before serving it. No one cared, because no one knew.
Weight Watchers: 5 sp per chicken thigh including a portion of the creamy sauce!
- cooking oil spray
- 6 skinless bone-in chicken thighs (or breast fillets)
- 1 tablespoon (4 cloves) minced garlic
- 1 cup (250g | 9oz) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock/broth
- 1 can (14 oz each) artichoke hearts in brine/water, drained and roughly chopped
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- Salt to season
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste. Spray a large oven-proof skillet with cooking oil spray to coat; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken, flesh-side down, and sear for 2 - 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain any excess fat.
- Stir garlic through and fry until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes). Add in cream cheese and occasionally stir it until it begins to melt down and become thinner in consistency. Pour in the chicken broth and add the parmesan cheese.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until sauce thickens (about 5 minutes). Stir through artichokes and spinach; simmer until the spinach has just started to wilt.
- Place the skillet into preheated oven and continue to roast for 15-20 minutes (or until completely cooked through). Serve over rice or pasta!
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.