Nutella Stuffed Salted Caramel Blondies
I think this may just be the holy grail of Nutella Blondies I’ve ever made or tried in my lifetime…I swear. Fudgy, melt-in-your-mouth Salted Caramel Blondies…stuffed with Nutella. And no washing pans afterwards.
Welcome to the 756th Annual Hunger Games.
Am I serious? Yes. Totally and completely 100000000% serious. It’s just as hard looking at these photos as it was trying one and stopping there. Is it hot in here?
Actually. If I have to be completely honest…I didn’t need to hold myself back. My family are like vacuum vultures. They saw that epic Nutella ooze and ran to the kitchen, tripping all over themselves, shoving each other out of the way to get to the pan when I was done shooting. It really was like watching the Hunger Games over here in 3D with front row seats.
So, I can blame Instagram for these. Featuring something similar from an IG page called TheChocolateCorner (extreme chocolate porn) by The Sprinkle Project, I knew with my whole heart entire heart and soul I had to make something similar.
And after 2 attempts, I hit it. I got it. Only, these are flavoured with Salted Caramel. Like, the real stuff. No store bought nothings. And so quick and easy to prepare I honestly didn’t think it would take 5 minutes to make a kick ass salted Caramel sauce! Definitely a sometimes treat…and a one-or-two-blondies-at-a-time thing. Well, if you’re watching your weight anyway.
And then, like a real Nutella addict, I squeezed ’em until Nutella came oozing out. Lord have mercy. These had us all weak at the knees, just like that Nutella Stuffed Deep Dish Cookie…only fudgier spiked with Salted Caramel.
Why are there only 3 in these shots? Because the other 13 were being torn apart by husband and children.
And then, my daughter tried to swipe this one mid-shoot. In other words, these were a huge HIT!
Weight Watchers: 5pp per Blondie!
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light/reduced fat butter
- 3 tablespoons cooking cream (I used Philadelphia reduced fat)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup light/reduced fat butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups plain flour (or all purpose)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoons Nutella
- Preheat oven to 175c | 350F. Line a 7x10-inch baking pan with baking/parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add brown sugar to a small nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until sugar begins to melt.
- Lower heat and add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, continuously stirring until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in cream and salt until caramel is smooth and glossy.
- Allow to cool slightly
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla. Whisk again until smooth. Add in the flour and salt, mixing slowly until just combined. Gently fold in the caramel sauce until it has swirled trough the batter and pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of Nutella onto the batter in a single layer. Spread lightly with the back of a metal spoon (or your fingertips). Cover evenly with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Wait 10 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool before slicing. (I slice mine while still warm for the 'Nutella ooze' effect).
Lining the baking tray with baking (or parchment) paper ensured no washing pans!
© 2015 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.