Barbecued Seafood Salad with Garlicky Greek Yogurt Dressing for Two!
Fresh and barbecued Salmon, Prawns, Calamari and Lobster Tails served over a fresh and crisp salad drizzled with the creamiest and best Greek Yogurt dressing I think I’ve ever tasted. Share this platter….or not. It’s totally up to you!
So, who wants to come over for lunch?
This is what Australian Summer days are like — shrimp on the barbie, sunset and alcohol…I mean Salad!
So my mum was my romantic partner in this, and we came up with this salad in about 20 minutes: from thinking to cooking to serving. No joke. And the Greek Salad dressing was a crazy throw stuff together and whisk it and try it and wow! So creamy and compliments the seafood in an incredible way. Move over mayonnaise….we got this.
Chargrilling seafood over a barbecue is the best way to cook it. I love anything cooked over a flame.
But then there’s barbecuing Lobster tails? I may have ripped one right off and started eating while blowing on my fingers from Barbecue burns (don’t try this at home).
Beautifully grilled seafood on a bed of crisp and fresh salad leaves: Crunchy Cos lettuce and the peppery of Rocket/Arugula. Yum.
And that drizzle of dressing? Creamy perfection.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped finely
- Salt to season
- 1x 120g | 4.2oz fresh Atlantic salmon fillets
- 100g | 3.5oz Calamari Rings
- 200g | 7oz King Prawns (or shrimp), peeled (tails intact) and deveined (frozen or fresh)
- 4 cups mixed lettuce leaves (I used one with Rocket/Arugula and Cos lettuce for extra crunch)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 garlic clove crushed (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon squeezed lemon juice
- Salt to season (about ½ teaspoon)
- Combine olive oil, garlic, parsley and salt in a large shallow bowl. Add the pre-washed, patted dry seafood to the oil mixture to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to marinate.
- While the seafood is marinading, prepare the salad and dressing; wash and dry lettuce mix ad place into serving bowl/s. Whisk the yogurt, garlic, parsley and lemon juice in a small jug/bowl. Season with salt to your tastes.
- Preheat the barbecue (or grill). Cook the salmon first; both sides until seared and cooked to your liking (about 4 minutes either side). Set aside onto a warmed plate. Add the prawns and calamari rings; cook for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally or until just cooked. Transfer to plate.
- Top the salad leaves with the seafood; drizzle with dressing and lemon juice; serve with lemon wedges.
© 2015, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.