Turkey, Parmesan & Herb Sweet Potato Burgers!
These are absolutely divine!! I LOVE cooking with fresh herbs! I LOVE sweet potato! These are so good for you and low in fat…a perfectly FILLING low fat lunch or dinner! IF you have any left over: freeze them for those hangry emergencies!
Per turkey burger: 51 calories | 0.8g Fat | 3.3g Carbs | 8g Protein
Weight Watchers: 1pp for ONE turkey burger; 3pp for TWO!
- 2 cups pre-cooked mashed sweet potato
- 500g | 1bs ground lean turkey mince
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic seasoning (or fresh minced garlic)
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tablespoon EACH finely chopped FRESH parsley, oregano and basil leaves
- Salt to season
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- Cooking oil spray for pan frying
- Combine mashed sweet potato, turkey, onion, garlic, Parmesan cheese, egg and whites, herbs, salt and stock powder. Mix well with a fork until combined.
- Form 15 patties.
- Pan fry with cooking oil spray over low - medium heat on a good quality non stick pan/griddle.
- Fry until burgers are golden and cooked through: about 5 - 7 minutes each side)!
- Serve over salad
© 2014, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.