Fudgy Cappuccino Cake Bars Beautiful and fudgy, these super moist cakes are soft and fudgy like a Blondie, with the fluffiness of a cake!
The best of both worlds really. And with a hint of coffee with rich chocolate chips? Well, the perfect cake for a snack or even for breakfast!
Weight Watchers: 3 ProPoints | PointsPlus
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder (1 extra tablespoon for strong coffee lovers)
- ½ cup boiling water
- ⅓ cup lightly packed brown sugar (sub with muscovado sugar)
- ⅓ cup light butter/coconut oil at room temperature
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ¾ cup natural sweetener or sugar of choice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups spelt flour (plain white flour or all purpose is fine)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips of choice + 2 tablespoons for the top
- Preheat oven to 176C | 350F. Grease a square 9x13-inch baking tray with cooking oil spray.
- Brew the coffee in the boiling water and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk brown sugar, butter and apple sauce until light and fluffy. Add sweetener/sugar, egg and vanilla. In a smaller bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the brewed coffee into the batter and mix well, being careful not to over beat the batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking tray and sprinkle top with the extra chips
- Bake until golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into 24 bars.
- Combine ½ cup low fat vanilla greek yoghurt and 1 tablespoon sweetener/sugar of choice.
- Dust with chocolate dusting powder!
© 2014, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.