Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread Blondies!
Once upon a time, my Banana Bread Blondies met Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and fell in love. They got married, had 16 deeeelicious babies and lived happily ever after!
- 2 ripe medium/large bananas
- 1¾ cups rolled oats
- 1 can chick peas (1½ cups drained and rinsed)
- 3 tablespoons peanut flour or any nut butter of choice (I use Betty Lou's Great Stuff but you could also use Pb2
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅛ cup semi sweet/dark chocolate chips, melted
- 8 mini peanut butter cups (Reese's or vegan)
- Preheat oven 200C | 390F. Spray a 9x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and put aside.
- Throw ALL ingredients (except chocolate chips and cups) into a food processor and blend until smooth (about 2 - 3 minutes).
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Spoon melted chocolate over batter, and with the back of a knife, gently swirl chocolate into and around batter.
- Press pb cups into the batter
- Bake for approx 20 - 25 minutes (depending on your oven) until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- They are VERY moist when taken out, but they will set and firm as they cool! Don't over cook these - or they will become dry.
- Once cooled, gently cut into 16 bars.
© 2014, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.