Warm Beef & Sweet Potato Casserole!
So much flavour! No rice! No pasta needed! Perfect with the sweetness and creaminess of the sweet potato!
326 calories per serve!
Weigh Watchers: 5pp per serve
- 1 large sweet potato (3 cups), peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper/capsicum, diced
- 1kg | 2.2lbs beef rib eye/scotch fillet steak, cut into thick strips
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder (adjust to suit your tastes)
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Pan fry while stirring: sweet potato and onion until potatoes are beginning to soften. Add the garlic, carrots, zucchini and peppers/capsicum, and cook until carrots begin to soften. Add beef and tomatoes, and cook stirring until beef is cooked to your liking.
- Add the stock powder and cook on a gentle simmer until tomato juice reduces down into a sauce with the sweet potato.
- Serve with parsley.
© 2014 – 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.