Caprese Salad Christmas Wreath is a festive and healthy appetizer for your Christmas table! With a beautiful and thick balsamic reduction in the middle of your platter, this is the perfect starter!
You all know how much we love Caprese over here! I mean, what’s not to love? Fresh and juicy grape tomatoes, creamy fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves are dressed with olive oil and Italian herbs!
Load it all up with toothpicks for easy picking or skewering while adding to a ‘wreath’ design, and watch their faces as they enjoy every piece of this salad.
This Caprese Salad Christmas Wreath was a joy to make, a joy to eat, and a joy to look at. Just 10 minutes to a silky, smooth balsamic glaze, OR use store bought and make your salad in less than 5 minutes!
Impress them with Caprese!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1½ cups (375ml) balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 600 grams | 12 ounces grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 300 grams | 10 ounces fresh cherry-sized bocconcini (mozzarella) balls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- Handful fresh basil leaves, shredded (to garnish)
- flaked sea salt and ground pepper, to season
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook while stirring over low heat for 4-5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium setting and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until reduced by one-third and thickened like syrup.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes. Arrange them in a circle on a large serving plate or round platter. Drain the mozzarella balls and arrange between the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with the Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Toss the tomatoes and bocconcini through the oil with a spoon.
- Garnish with the fresh shredded basil.
- To serve, place the bowl of balsamic glaze in the centre of the wreath. Arrange toothpicks around and underneath the tomato and cheese balls, with the sharp ends toward the middle of the plate.
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.