Quick And Easy Creamy Herb Chicken, filled with so much flavour, ready and on your table in 15 minutes? YES! WITH no heavy cream and dairy free options. And just over 300 calories per serve!
Accidentally, and incidentally, this recipe is low carb AND gluten free, with just under 5g carbs per serve?! What did I do?
Picture this: Juicy, tender chicken breasts, simmered in a flavourful and creamy herb sauce with a hint of garlic — HELLO — easy weekday meal. The sauce pairs perfectly over rice or pasta. Or these Creamy Mashed Potatoes.
If you know me by now, I don’t need to apologise for this recipe being cooked in the one pan, right? I’m ADDICTED to one pan creamy chicken recipes. We have Piccata’s and Sun Dried Tomato chickens flying around all over the place.
Just like those recipes, this whole thing is super easy BUT loaded with flavour. And after all of those horror movies through the weekend, I needed to calm myself, my nerves AND my rising blood pressure down…with this.
First, you’re going to season you chicken in ALL the herbs. For this recipe, I chose Thyme, Rosemary and Parsley. You can use Tarragon, or Basil with Oregano if you prefer.
Fry said chicken breasts > remove from pan > make creamy sauce > lick your fingers. See? E.A.S.Y.
After that, you can smother your fillets with the sauce, and serve over rice or pasta. Wait, I said that already, didn’t I?
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 4 chicken breasts (pounded ½-inch thin)
- 2 teaspoons each of onion powder and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon each of dried thyme and dried rosemary*
- salt and pepper, to season
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon each of dried thyme and dried rosemary
- 1 cup milk (or half and half)*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water, until smooth
- Coat chicken breasts with the onion and garlic powders and herbs. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken breasts until opaque and no longer pink inside (about 5 minutes each side, depending on thickness). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- To the same pan or skillet, heat another 2 teaspoons of olive oil and sauté garlic, with parsley, thyme and rosemary, for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in milk (or cream); season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; add the cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan, quickly stirring, until sauce has thickened slightly. Reduce heat and simmer gently for a further minute to allow the sauce to thicken more.
- Return chicken to the skillet. Sprinkle with extra herbs if desired. Serve immediately.
**For a dairy free option, I find Cashew milk the best in flavour. You can also use almond milk or rice milk.
Yes, heavy cream can be substituted!
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.